Building Canada-UK Co-Innovation Teams
Manufacturing productivity and competitiveness require constant innovation. The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) and Innovate UK are bringing innovation-driven organisations to build co-innovation teams to address advanced manufacturing challenges. You can register here to participate in two informal virtual Meetups, on Friday 15 March 2019 at 14:00 GMT/10:00 EDT/07:00 PDT.
On 11 February 2019, NRC and Innovate UK launched a joint call for proposals to address Enhanced Industrial Productivity. The virtual meetups will bring qualified applicants together to develop solution concepts and teams.
Candidate technology themes address two sectors: Food Processing and Advanced Manufacturing, within which the following are illustrative of eligible project areas.
Advanced and High Value Manufacturing
- Clean energy technologies for industrial applications, including development of novel materials
- Additive manufacturing processes, materials and machinery
- AI, machine learning, robotics and IoT for advanced manufacturing
- Advanced materials, composites design & manufacturing solutions
- Biorefinery including circular economy waste solutions
- Digital manufacturing platform and data exchange integration for Industry 4.0
Food Processing and Nutrition
- Enhancing nutritional value of foods
- Novel ingredient development
- Sustainable protein development
- Food safety solutions
- Authenticity and traceability systems (e.g. blockchain)
- Processes for improved shelf life and reducing food waste
- Smart packaging
- Improved manufacturing efficiency
- Lean manufacturing